IRIS Web Portal
The IRIS Web portal provides employees the ability to access Employee Self-Service and other administrative functions found within the IRIS system and other University system software solutions.
Log into IRIS Web using your NetID and Password. If you encounter difficulties with your NetID and password, check the OIT website for NetID Help.
Applications on IRIS Web include, but are not limited to:
Employee Self-Service (ESS) allows employees to review and, in some cases, update or process their own information/records. Functionality includes:
This quick reference contains instructions on accessing PI reports.
There are 3 ways to access IRIS. They are:
- IRIS GUI: Access IRIS through the SAPGUI client if locally installed on your machine.
- IRIS Web: Access IRIS through your default internet browser using the Web GUI
- IRIS Mobile: Access IRIS Mobile through your default internet browser using the Fiori Launchpad
The inbox contains work items from IRIS and Employee Self-Service for review and approval. This is also the inbox that Principal Investigators might use to approve electronic ledger reconciliations. Approvers who are IRIS users may also use the inbox in the SAP Gui or in “IRIS on the Web.” Persons who are not IRIS users and who approve ESS items only, or PIs that only approve ledger reconciliations must use this inbox.
Reports available from this tab include:
- Queries from the IRIS Data Warehouse, including reports on IRIS data, as well as Financial and HR Legacy queries containing data from the pre-IRIS systems. For assistance with IRIS Data Warehouse queries, contact DWHELP@tennessee.edu.
- Reports for Capital Projects – these reports are only available to those persons who are listed on the capital project WBS elements
Allows departments to shop and order office supplies, paper, computers, scientific equipment, and more.
For assistance with functions within the UT Market Place, please contact:
Or, if you want to speak to someone on the phone, call (865) 974-3311.
Contains links to other miscellaneous functions that include:
- Taleo Recruiting System – Connects to the backend of the Taleo system for managing recruitment tasks such as handling requisitions and viewing candidates. At this time, single sign-on is not engaged to the Taleo system so you will need to sign on again. If you have questions about Taleo, contact the recruitment office at your campus.
- Existing Purchase Orders (System-Wide) – A list of all existing, active purchase orders that are available for all campuses, units and institutes to use.
- Contracts System – Initiate contracts for review, determine the contract’s status, locate contracts in the approval process, or see the final contract document.